Time & Location
About The Event
Alder is a guardian spirit that protects the forest and nature. It takes the shape of a female-tree form embodying the Alder tree’s inner qualities of protection against malevolent beings and humans. When a handsome young forager strays into Alder’s glade, it opens the possibility of changing its destiny. It longs for being loved and for the intimacy of a touch, like humans do. Very aware of the high price to pay for falling in love with a human its dilemma and vulnerability are exposed. Every time the forager clips a branch or steals berries, it manifests in Alder’s pain and it bleeding orange sap. Alder encounters him in the woods and seduces him, but will her heart overcome her loyalty to the forest?
- Vanda LadeiraDirectorMom 2.0; Hands Off; Alder
- Rick HarveyWriterRick is a Cambridge-based screenwriter, story design consultant, lecturer and mentor. Since attaining an MA Screenwriting & Research qualification from the London College of Communication in 2001, he has storylined for ‘Family Affairs’ (Talkback Thames/Channel 5); developed projects for Hewland International and Frenzy Films; written a slate of short films and spec features; mentored on First Light, Media Box and BFI projects and written and developed feature screenplays for EON Productions. He has been trained by the UK Film Council to devise, develop and deliver industry-standard courses on screenwriting and cross-platform story design, and he lectures regularly on various aspects of the writing process. Rick is currently developing a feature-length ghost story, ‘Siren’, and a feature-length folk horror narrative, ‘Xenotopia’.
- Vanda LadeiraProducer
- Humphrey LauProducer
- LIBBY WELSHKey Cast“Alder”
- ODNE STENSETHKey Cast“Forager”
- NEIL OSEMANCinematographyNeil is cinematographer with 20 years' industry experience, Neil has worked around the world and shot features in multiple genres. Recent credits include The Little Mermaid with Academy Award winner Shirley MacLaine, supernatural thriller Heretiks with Michael Ironside, and award-winning indie road movie Above the Clouds. He has photographed another half-a-dozen independent feature films, innumerable shorts, several music promos and two multi-award-winning short-form action/adventure series: The First Musketeer and Ren: The Girl with the Mark. In the past few years he has been nominated for ten Best Cinematography awards, taking home gongs at Festigious International Film Festival in 2016 and 2017 for his work on the short dramas Night Owls and Finding Hope. He has also won both Best Cinematography (Short, 2017) and Best Lighting (Short, Third Quarter 2017) at the Enginious Film Awards for Mark McGann’s Perplexed Music.
- BEIBEI WANGSound and MusicGenre-defying percussionist Beibei Wang is an acclaimed international virtuoso multi-percussionist, composer with both Chinese and British musical education background. She received a double Master Degrees from the Central Conservatory of Music (China) and the Royal Academy of Music (UK). In 2014, she was listed in the top 50 Chinese musicians in the “Sound of East” project by the Chinese Ministry of Culture. In 2017, Beibei worked with Korean traditional music legendary master drummer Kim Deok Soo and Korean Ensemble Sinawi to give a concert for Pyeong Chang Winter Olympics. In 2018, she was invited by world renowned conductor Maestro Muhai Tang to join the Shanghai Chinese Orchestra, touring the most iconic concert halls across Europe, including the Barbican Centre (London), Berliner Philharmonie (Berlin), Elbphilharmonie (Hamburg), and BOZAR (Brussels). Beibei is a passionate composer and performs her own original composition in recitals and concerts across Europe. Her multi-percussion set up solo NOISY WORLD was premiered in Nantes, France in 2016. Her multi-percussion solo DRUM DANCE was premiered in Chemnitz, Germany in 2016. Her musical installation KILLING PIANO a collaboration with renowned pianist Belle Chen, premiered in 2016 in London. Her multimedia music theater WU XING toured across UK, China and Korea in 2017. Her original composition DOUBLE HAPPINESS for percussion duo was broadcast on BBC Radio 3 Late Junction in 2018. Most recently, she was commissioned to compose music for the Shanghai Fashion Week, wrote the film score for THE CITY film installation.
- DENISA DUMITRESCUProduction DesignMad Lord (Short), Tabbouleh & Pie (Short), The Real Target, Hushed
- Film Type:Short
- Genres:Fantasy, Phsycological thriller, Experimental
- Runtime:9 minutes 17 seconds
- Completion Date:May 19, 2019
- Production Budget:15,000 GBP
- Country of Origin:United Kingdom
- Country of Filming:United Kingdom
- Film Language:English
- Shooting Format:4K
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- Film Color:Color
- First-time Filmmaker:No
- Student Project:Yes
- PURCHASE TICKETS TO THIS FILM WITH THIS LINK. THIS FILM IS PART OF THE GODS & DEVILS SHORT FILM COLLECTION FOR DECEMBER 14th 1:00PM